From Socks To Sandals In 5 Easy Steps
While the weather is still dipping below the freezing point here in Ohio, spring is most definitely on the horizon. Just last week, I received a JCPenny sale catalog in the mail with a beautiful picture of a flowery blouse on the front cover. As I began to browse through the pages, there was picture after picture of lovely ladies with dresses, short ankle pants, short sleeves, and . . . SANDALS!!!
While I was ecstatic about seeing all the brightly colored clothes and open-toed foot decor, I had a slight panic attack when I took a bath that evening. To my horror, my own feet, like many of you who live in the colder climates, are showing the manifestation of months of socks, boots, and closed shoes.
Calluses, dry patches, and cracked heels abound after the long months of keeping your toes warm in winter. So now is the time to let those toes out. This past Sunday was a perfect, spring afternoon so I took my bare feet outside and gave them a little pampering.
Here is how you can get your own feet sandal ready in five simple steps:
- Saturate those worn out feet with a big tub of warm water and either soap or a nice foot soak. For a nice peppermint smell, try Jamberry's Foot Soak
- Eliminate all of those rough calluses with a Pedicure File like this one
- Exfoliate your whole foot with a course foot scrub (keep rubbing up your legs to get a nice smooth finish all over - dress time anyone?) Jamberry has a nice Peppermint Foot Scrub infused with Argon Oil
- Decorate with your favorite nail polish or nail wraps (to see a full tutorial on this step, join my VIP group on Facebook!)
- Hydrate with a good quality lotion that is specially formulated for your feet. (Note, if you do this step before bed, cover your feet with some fluffy socks overnight for silky smooth feet the next day)
To see the rest of the photos for these tips and even more tutorials, click here to join The Curly Butterfly VIP Group on Facebook!